Thursday, July 31, 2008

Have you met Tux?

Okay, so after kicking and screaming about having to learn Linux at work I have decided to go completely the other way with this one. Life for me is like that. I hate change and I will fight every bit of it until finally I get so irritated that I cave in and accept it.
Over the past several days my bosses and I have been going around and around. I personally think I have made the best points about not learning linux because we don't support linux users in any way, and I'm not the network administrator so I don't have to take care of the servers. When I made this point, like a 2 year old my boss simply said "okay, now we support linux. Learn it. "
I'm not saying that Microsoft has written the best operating system ever. Hardly even functional at times, but I am used to it and I am comfortable with it. I know, get out of your comfort zone Matt. I'm getting there. I have been researching the different distrabutions of Linux and I must say that what I'm finding is very helpful.
I'm going to be getting an old server out of storage and building a linux machine out of it. If all goes well, I may be converting my house computer over as well. I'll keep you all posted on how this goes. Any opinions, feel free to share. I may not comment back but I do read the comments you leave.

No comments: