Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a beautiful day

As a child living in Seattle, I never really paid much attention to the fact that it was raining most of the year. After living in Walla Walla and visiting Seattle (even moving back for a stint) I see now how beautiful the weather is there. Sure, it rains sometimes but there is beauty to be found in rain. Like green grass that you don't have to water. And all the trees. Really, if you take the traffic away, it's beautiful.
Today in Walla Walla is like most summer days in Seattle. It's only 79 so far (it's almost 5pm) and there is a light breeze. The sun is fading between clouds so there is a lot of blue sky but it's not blinding. It's just plain beautiful.
I hope all of you are having a better day than I am because then I will know that you're all happy and content.

No comments: