Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Does your body get in the way?

Last weekend I decided that I was going to look the truck over and find out why it wouldn't stay in 4-wheel drive that fateful day a couple weeks back. I pulled it over to the shop, removed the shift boot and found my problem.
The 4-wheel drive shifter was hitting the body of the truck before it was going into 4-low. That would explain why the front wheels weren't turning... :-)
Well, I'm happy to say that after about a half hour with a jig saw (and safety goggles that make me look like a mad scientist) the truck now goes all the way into 4-low. Had I really thought about it while we were up in the mountains, I probably could have saved us some time by fixing this on the trail.
Oh well. Lessons learned. At least the truck was still intact when I went up to get it. Now I just need to do a little dent pulling (Dena found a few trees) and some welding (cheaper than buying lockers) and try it out again. :-)

1 comment:

The Buck's said...

I would pay you big money for a picture of you dressed up as you described...too funny!