Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's alive!!!

You may remember that a while back I traded our pickup for another Jeep Cherokee. Fully knowing that it had an overheating issue, but ran and started right up with no issues. Well, after lifting the hood I found it had more than just a couple of issues. It has a great many little issues. But they are little things that just need a little time to fix. Things like wiring that wasn't done right, a missing electric fan (Cherokee's have two fans), the center console is not bolted down... you know, little things.
It's been so cold around here lately that I have neglected to work on it. So last night I took it over to my friends house (heated shop!!!) and we tore into it. Within about an hour, we had the biggest issue fixed. It no longer overheats. Not only does it not overheat but according to the temp guage it runs cooler than my daily driver. We'll see how it does in July.... :-)
As it gets warmer I'll continue to fix the little things, but for right now, it runs and drives so I'm happy. I'll try and remember to post some pics when we take it up on it's maiden voyage to the mountains. :-)

2 comments:

LeftCoastGirlie "LCG" said...

Yay! *happy dance*

Doug and Marie said...

Very nice Matt. I just rotated my tires on Sunday and found out that my front alignment was WAY off and it looked like the two front tires were ready to pop. I had to get two new tires and a complete alignment yesterday. The joys of owning a vehicle.